The beauty of compounding is that it meets the specific needs of an individual. Compounding for a woman, during the many phases of her life, can include many dosage forms and products as prescribed by her physician. Our goal at Sand Run Pharmacy is to work with you and your doctor to best meet your prescription needs.
Our training provides us the background and experience to problem solve.
- Has a particular product been taken off the market for migraines?
- Let us work to come up with a suitable replacement.
- Do you have an intolerance to lactose?
- Let us make a lactose free product for you.
- Do you have sensitivity to propylene glycol found in many skin creams?
- Let us formulate a product for you with out it.
We strive with Women’s Compounding to make a product that is suitable for the feminine needs. Creams are suitable for a woman’s skin and non-drying or irritating to sensitive tissues. Capsules may be used that are vegetable base instead of gelatin if needed. With your physician’s guidance we may be able to combine ingredients to eliminate multiple prescriptions when suitable.
Dosage forms may include:
- oral capsules
- oral suspensions
- topical creams
- vaginal creams
- sublingual tablets
- flavored lozenges or troches
If you or your health care provider have any questions, please feel free to contact us: We work closely with many area specialists in areas of Dermatology, Infertility, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Urology, Family Practice and Sports Medicine to meet the compounding needs of their female patients. We look forward to working with you!